There are many scary planetary affliction (graha dosh) that happens in the birth chart. Guru Chandal Yoga is one of them. The combination of Jupiter (Guru) and Rahu is notoriously known as Guru Chandal Dosh.
What is Guru Chandal Yoga?
The planet Jupiter is known as Guru in Sanskrit and Chandal (Mlechha) means mean or demon. Hence, it is known as Guru Chandal Dosh.
The planet Jupiter has major role in creating this yoga in your birth chart.
When the planet Rahu and Ketu conjoins together with the planet Jupiter (Guru) in any house is called Guru Chandal yoga.
In some cases, the conjunction of Guru and beneficial Ketu becomes auspicious which is called Ganesh Yoga.
The horoscope of Pt Jawaharlal Nehru is a burning example of Ganesh Yoga.
General traits of the planet Jupiter, Rahu and Ketu
The Jupiter is an auspicious planet. The person with powerful Jupiter will be liberal, generous, spiritual, social worker and rich. The planet auspicious Jupiter in the birth chart also makes one a good ruler or administrator.
The Jupiter in a female horoscopy makes the lady a good wife, good mother, good daughter-in-law and a mentor as well.
The inauspicious Rahu in a male native can make the person self-centered and sensual. While, the female native is courageous and forceful. Generally Rahu in a female native makes the native clean and tendency to have luxurious lifestyle. They get attracted towards their opposite sex even after marriage.
The female native with Ketu becomes very powerful, self-made and independent. They are likely to have separation from their husband or become a widow. The male natives are spiritual and have philosophical bent of mind. They get attracted towards married women or widows.
Characteristics of Guru Chandal Dosh
- Generally, the combination of the planet Guru and Rahu is malefic.
- However, the positive or negative results of the Guru Chandal Yoga completely depends upon the positon and strength of the planet Jupiter.
- The depth of the effect of the Guru Chandal Dosh solely depends upon the position of the Jupiter and Rahu in different houses in different condition.
- Although the Guru Chandal Dosh is always adverse, the other planets also do influence this Dosh either positive or negative.
What are the effects of the Guru Chandal Dosh
- The native will find it difficult to complete and excel in education and career.
- The native will loss the job with amazing frequency.
- The person will find it difficult to take independent decision.
- The financial crisis will always cling to the native.
- There will be familial disputes. Even there will be difference of opinion between father and son.
- The malefic Jupiter can be the cause of health hazards like asthma, jaundice, hypertension, tumors, chronic constipation and liver problems etc.
- The native takes decision impulsively which attracts danger.
- The person become so independent and stubborn that it sometimes becomes difficult to work together with others.
- The person may face scandal and remain behind the bars
- The native will find it difficult to get inheritance.
- The person will be a Jack of all trades but master of none.
- The native will spontaneously get enticed towards the immoral and unethical activities.
The result of the Guru Chandal Dosh in the different houses
If the Guru Chandal Dosh happens in the ascendant or 1st house, the native’s moral character will be more or less questionable. Although the person will be fortunate with money and wealth, he or she will be selfish and greedy. The person will have less or no interest in the spirituality. However, in case of strong Jupiter, the native will be wise and well-mannered.
The powerful Jupiter in the 2nd house can make the native rich, prosperous and wealthy. However, weak or afflicted Jupiter will bring dispute among the members of the family and loss of money and life will be stressful.
The Guru Chandal Yoga in the 3rd house will make the native audacious and a leader. If the planet Jupiter is afflicted by Mars, then the native will be outspoken and blunt. The native might be scandalous.
The Guru Chandal Dosh in the 4th house in the natal chart will have house and property. However, malefic Jupiter can bring problems in general wellbeing and family problem.
If the planet Jupiter is powerful in the 5th house, then the native will be educated and wise. The native be will be blessed with successful children. If the 5th house is with malefic Jupiter, the native will face many problem relating to children.
The weak Jupiter and afflicted by Mars can bring troublesome family life. The native is likely to defame his own religion. However, powerful Jupiter can make one rich and prosperous.
If the Guru Chandal Dosh is present in the 7th house, it can make the marital life hazardous. The trouble in the married life could be more if there is no other benefic influence of the planets.
If the planet Jupiter is powerfully posited the native will get wealth in all means. If the planet Jupiter is afflicted then the native will have bad relation with father. The success of the native will be delayed.
Although the native will have money, wealth and success in career and business, the native will have less moral values. The native will be indifferent towards their own people.
The Guru Chandal dosh is considered to be auspicious in the 11th house. The native will have money from different sources. The native will create the wealth not only by personal effort but also by inheritance.
The native will be extremely critical as to his own religion and caste. He is likely to go against the members of the family. The native will have his own way of thought.
Guru Chandal Dosh and efficacious remedies for it
There are different kinds remedial measures available according to the Vedic scripture. Here, I am sharing some of the remedial measures that can heal the negative influence of Guru Chandal Yoga.
- Get the Chandal Yoga Nivaran puja performed by any wise Pundit.
- Worshiping Lord Vishnu can alleviate the negative influence of the Guru Chandal Yoga.
- The use of Do Mukhi Rudraksha (2 faced Rudraksha) mala can help neutralizing the negativity of the Rahu, Ketu and Guru.
- The native can perform Havan for the planet Jupiter to neutralize the malefic influence.
- One can worship Lord Ganesh regularly to neutralize the evil effect of the Guru Chandal Dosh.
- The native can wear Yellow Sapphire with gold. However, one should consult an astrologer before wearing Yellow Sapphire.
- Pay respect to the parents, parents-in-law, elderly people, teacher, saints and Guru etc.
- Donating Yellow Color goods and dresses, honey and turmeric to the teachers and Brahmins can help neutralizing the negative influence of the Jupiter, Rahu and Ketu.
- The native should feed birds and animals.
- The native can worship Goddess Bagalamukhi regularly.